Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's Done...


Finally, after 4 weeks of waiting, and many more of planning, my last day in the Office of Comedies is come and gone! "Good-bye's" with some were hard, and I apologize for making some of them short... "Good-bye's" have never been a strength of mine. Thanks to those few of you there that really get "it". I'll miss you.

Most anyone that's reading this blog will know that my family lost Dad earlier this year in July. And everyone reading this will understand why this choice of mine was so inevitable. It's absolutely necessary for me to follow the dreams that I have NOW, not waiting for some magical day that is never guaranteed to any of us. Now, don't get me wrong, the goal of this journey is not just to run around naked with a fifth of Jim Beam in one hand and some balloon-giraffes in the other while singing old Cravin' Melon tunes at the top of my lungs. That's not what I'm talking about. (Although, now that I think about it... who knows?!?) What I AM talking about is the craving that my mind has for exploration and for adventure. Ever since I was a little kid and would go wandering on the trails in the woods near our house, I've had that "thing" in my heart. That "thing" that I can't really name, but know exactly what it is. I find that those times were the most special. I've never lost that urge to explore unknown trails, check out unknown things. Now of course, the trails are a little longer... the world's a little bigger. I know I'll settle down sometime... somewhere. But I also know that regardless of what I find, I'll have accomplished "it". What is "it", you ask? Well, that's what YOU have to figure out!

The Trail starts soon... First to Georgia for some family, food and fun of Thanksgiving, which takes on a new and greater meaning this year, I think. Happy holidays to all! B&G, see you most likely Monday, maybe Tuesday. Thanks Mark and Jocena for last night... even if I did 'partake of the libations in slight excess'...HAHA. Our celebration last night will not be the last! Thank you both from the bottom of my heart... for everything.

No comments: