Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Luck in Florida Hasn't Changed

Good Grief! I'm back in Florida for all of a couple of weeks and BAM! Literally. I'm on my way home last night and some kid rear-ends me going full speed! I mean, it's not like I'm even stopped at a light... I'm just driving down the road, some headlights come roaring up on me from behind and "CRUNCH"! Then the kid turns down a side street and tries to run! Thank goodness for my new best friend who saw the whole thing happen, tracked where the kid went and directed the cops right to him! Yeah! Justice! I'm fine, thankfully, but my truck has seen better days. It didn't look too bad last night, but this morning in the light I was able to see that he hit me hard enough to crunch the frame up, which of course means that the doors and such don't quite line up right anymore! *sigh*. I'm anxious to speak to the insurance folks in the morning when they call me back. Thank goodness this kid (or more likely his mother) has insurance.

You know, with as many days and nights as I have spent in that truck, she and I have gotten pretty close in the last couple of months! I hope that the auto-surgeons are able to put her under the knife and restore her to her former glory.

The funniest thing about it is the number of days I spent in that truck on snow-covered roads, climbing mountain passes and negotiating hairpin curves that could have served as professional hockey rinks... all without a mishap or even close to one! HA! Life's funny sometimes, ain't it? Har-dee-har-har.

No comments: